MSC supports gender expression that is beautiful, creative, and affirming, while recognizing harmful gendered power structures and transforming them towards liberation. With our partners, MSC is shaping new ways of understanding gender that recognize the many ways that gender is woven together with other aspects of social identity such as race and class, the distinction between sex, gender, and the multiplicity of gender expressions. MSC is excited to explore fresh perspectives on gender that create inspiring opportunities for how we collectively live, love, work, and play.
- Increase the influence and visibility of movements that are reimagining gender
- Increase efforts to reimagine gender within and across all movements
- Support leaders who are reimagining gender to be bold, strategic, and impactful
- Move to End Violence – MSC staff serve as core faculty for Movement Theory and Practice within the Move to End Violence initiative, a project of the Novo Foundation. Move to End Violence supports leaders in the U.S. movement to end violence against girls and women to step back from their daily work to envision the change they want to see, imagine new strategies, and build the capacity needed to realize this change.
- It’s Time Network – MSC guided the launch strategy development for this network and cooperative funding model for women’s leadership and gender partnership and collaboration.
- Strong Families – MSC is a member of the Strong Families network and serves on the Strong Families Policy Task Force as well as annual strategy sessions.
- Coalitions against domestic and sexual violence – MSC assisted a network of state and national coalitions against domestic and sexual violence to reinvent the role of state coalitions in ending gender based violence.